BMW Plant Hams Hall, Birmingham - Production Specialist - 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
BMW Group Plant Hams Hall is a modern, state-of-the-art engine manufacturing facility, located just outside Birmingham, UK. Producing the latest generation of three and four cylinder petrol engines, and precision machining key engine components, the plant has recently celebrated 20 years of successful production. Operating seven days a week, with more than one engine rolling off the line per minute, the plant plays a key role in BMW Group’s global production network, supplying engines for BMW and MINI, including some of the latest plug-in hybrid vehicles.
BMW Plant Hams Hall - Production Specialist 13-Month Placement (July 2024)
Our Production Specialist and Process Leaders are looking for support from a driven and motivated student to ensure the optimisation of processes and technologies in the V engine production systems, guaranteeing organisation and management of production driven improvements. You will have the opportunity to assist in ensuring all problems within are managed and corrected with repeatable and robust methods.
What will you be doing?
Introduce new technologies into the business, whilst developing all existing technologies.
Support the structured management of all value-added production system activities, assisting Production specialists and Process leaders in the development of the work organisation.
Assist in process improvements and support in ensuring operational requirements are in place.
Support in KPI development and monitoring as well as providing training to the work organisation on KPI reports.
Regularly audit processes and corrective actions to validate current conformance.
Support with the updating of process documents and systems.
Assist in the organisation of team travel plans.
Studying towards a Bachelor’s degree related to engineering, business or a similar field, and on track to achieve a 2:2 or above.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work well within a team.
Able to show passion and enthusiasm, as well as maturity and a professional attitude.
High level analytical skills.
Strong IT skills (Microsoft office).
Confident presentation skills.
High intrinsic motivation and creativity.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £22,700, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week with a half-day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 31st December 2023