Join the Physical Logistics Account and Contract Team starting in July 2024 based at MINI Plant Oxford. We are responsible for monitoring the performance of our external service providers and forecasting the associated cost.
The Physical Logistics function is responsible for internal & external service providers to ensure a seamless supply of parts to production areas at Plant Oxford. Parts are delivered through a variety of delivery concepts from multiple locations worldwide, unloading circa 7,000 pallets a day and picking over 183,000 parts, we must ensure pallets are efficiently unloaded, stored and parts delivered internally through stable processes.
The intern placement will give an insight into physical logistics contract management & financial processes in a high volume automotive environment.
Understanding of logistics in an automotive environment.
Supplier communication & develop negotiation skills.
Develop & improve internal processes.
Monitor and report internal KPI’s.
Support internal financial reporting processes.
Requirements for successful candidate:
Business or Engineering Graduate (projected 2:1 or above)
Proficient user of Microsoft Office Tools.
A keen interest in working in the automotive industry & logistics.
Good interpersonal and strong communication skills.
Ability to approach problems in an analytical innovative manner.
Capable of prioritising & organising tasks independently.
Able to work within a dynamic & high performing team.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week with a half-day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st January 2024