Rolls-Royce Motor Cars - Goodwood - Human Resource Management - Training Department - 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style, and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce. Each year we offer internship opportunities and we are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and are looking to complete a 13-month placement.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars – Goodwood - Human Resource Management - Training Department– 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
The Rolls-Royce Training department is responsible for meeting the training and development needs of all employee and apprentices within our UK based business (dealerships are not within the scope of our responsibility).
Your time will be split between the two teams, employee training and apprentice training, where you will be involved in day to day activities, such as developing training strategy focusing upon learning culture, leading the marketing and communication topic to ensure our offers are known and utilised, as well as developing and enabling webinars as a medium for learning within the employee training space. In the apprentice training area, you will be part of the team to develop a new platform for tracking all training plans as well as the contractual agreements between the individual, company and the training provider.
This is a fantastic opportunity, if you are excited about developing people, to gain first-hand knowledge, take responsibility for and further enhance the learning opportunities offered by the world’s leading premium automotive manufacturer.
What will you be doing?
• Integration into the team through specific tasks which will generate understanding of current business processes.
• Organisation and co-ordination of training activities and topics.
• Research into new forms of training.
• Steering of identified projects and innovations within the given department.
• Representing the business at events and activities.
• Supporting with day-to-day apprentice topics and onboarding.
Undertaking a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business or Human Resources, progressing towards a minimum 2:2 or above
Strong relationship building skills and ability to show good inter-personal skills, showing exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Good organisational and time management skills, and ability to show high attention to detail to every task.
Ability to adapt working approach depending on specific requirements, prioritise activities, work under pressure, multi-task and solve problems.
An excellent team player who possesses solid interpersonal and organisational skills.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £23,100, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 40 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st January 2024