We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Plant Oxford is the birthplace and heart of MINI production. Manufactured to individual customer specifications, hundreds of MINIs leave the plant’s assembly lines each day, off to meet new owners in more than 110 countries around the world. Three UK plants have had a part to play in MINI production – Plant Hams Hall makes engines, Plant Swindon produces body pressings and sub-assemblies for MINI, and all this comes together at Plant Oxford with body shell production, paint, and final assembly.
We are recruiting an intern to join our Future Talent Recruitment team for a 13 month placement commencing July 2024. Our Team is based at MINI Plant Oxford - one of the most modern and technically advanced car plants in the world. We are responsible for all recruitment activities for the 5 UK sites (including apprentices, internships, graduate schemes and more).
What will you be doing?
· You will play an active part in our recruitment campaign and have key responsibility for the recruitment of the Future Talent requirements for all BMW Group UK sites. From creating the adverts to final offer, you will be involved throughout the whole recruitment process.
· Arranging, conducting and scoring telephone and video interviews
· Preparing, attending and assessing candidates at assessment centres
· Building relationships with universities to build a pipeline for candidates
· Liaising with the business on their recruitment needs and fulfilling these requirements
· Providing high customer service as a key contact for queries from candidates
· Ensuring compliance with GDPR data privacy policies
Qualifications and experience
· Studying towards a relevant Undergraduate Degree.
· An experienced Microsoft Office user (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
· Fluent English (both spoken and written).
· A confident communicator. This will allow you to interact with colleagues at all levels within the business whilst also allowing you to create a highly satisfying candidate journey.
· An ability to thrive working within a small team.
· Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and high volumes.
· Driving License required.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week with a half-day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st January 2024