Corporate Communications Intern (12 months)
Our Corporate Headquarters, located in Richmond Hill, is looking for an intern to work in our Corporate Communications Department for 12 months. As a member of our Corporate Communications team, you will be responsible for ensuring BMW Group Canada operations, activities and brands receive maximum positive media attention. You will ensure that the corporate reputation of the BMW Group is protected and advanced by promoting the company as a sound, attractive business and responsible corporate citizen to investors, influencers and the general public. You will also work to promote understanding amongst BMW Group Canada staff of corporate strategy, brands and activities.
Specific duties also include but are not limited to:
- Compiling relevant news articles to create and distribute a daily internal news summary;
- Managing and maintaining various online databases and tools (media website, SAP);
- Drafting and distributing press releases and monthly and weekly internal newsletters;
- Assisting with the national press fleet (vehicle delivery to journalists, distributing vehicle specifications for all bookings, assisting with seasonal tire change overs, vehicle movement as required);
- Assisting with budget management, including invoice processing and tracking, and the creation of purchase orders;
- Drafting quarterly media monitoring reports;
- Assisting with various Corporate Communications initiatives and events as required;
- Knowledge of video shooting and editing is a strong asset.
- Background in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or Communications
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are mandatory
- Working proficiency in basic data analytics.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and deadlines, while maintaining a high level of detail.
- Team player who shows initiative, is a self starter and has an interest in the automotive industry.
- Bilingual English/French is an asset.
- Own transportation and a valid driver’s license, with the ability to drive manual transmission, is preferred.
Benefits of working at BMW Group Canada include:
- An award winning culture.
- Cutting edge of innovation and creativity.
- Flexible working models.**
- Highly competitive compensation.
- World-class office space.
- Enjoy fresh meals in our amazing fully staffed and subsidized onsite cafeteria.
- Energize at our fully loaded coffee/tea bar.
BMW Group Canada is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of associates and creating an inclusive environment. BMW Group Canada does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law. BMW has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, or you would like to learn more about our Accessibility policies, provide feedback or request documentation, please contact Accessibility@bmw.ca.
** We encourage interested candidates who may legally work in Canada to apply for the role. Our organization follows a hybrid work structure. To be eligible for this role, candidates are expected to work from our Head Office in Richmond Hill, Ontario three times in a week.