Experiential Marketing Intern (12 months)
As a key member of the Experiential Marketing team, the Experiential Marketing Intern is responsible for facilitating and executing event and marketing related activations to drive brand awareness and generate interest. The successful candidate will work cross-functionally and support the Experiential Marketing Team in event conceptualization, liaising with agencies, planning, program delivery, tracking of key KPIs, and assist with budget management of national event programs.
Events could include consumer drive programs, VIP events, product launches, retailer events, virtual events, sponsorship activities and various other programs. You will also assist with the Experiential Marketing Fleet and general administration of day to day department duties. You are an an enthusiastic team player, extremely creative, responsible at managing multiple tasks and competing timelines, adaptable, have strong attention to detail, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You take great pride in your work and are excited to measure the effectiveness of programs against set objectives.
In joining the team you will gain a wealth of knowledge through your experience and ultimately be responsible for your own program towards the completion of the internship.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Collaborate and work closely with teams across the organization including but not limited to Sales, Public Relations, Logistics, Legal, and within the greater Brand Management team across multiple disciplines to orchestrate and bring planned programs to life
- Create sound working relationships with external production agencies, vendors, creative agencies, and brand partners
- Manage individual project budgets, work-back schedules, and approval processes for internal and external creative resources
- Represent the brand at various events, interacting with customers, Brand Ambassadors and product specialists. Support onsite event execution, coordination, and external vendor & staff supervision
- Support the Experiential Marketing team with various day-to-day tasks, including planning, CRM communication/coordination, creation of lead generation tools and social media planning
- Administration and program management including assistance with budget tracking and financial tracking
- Develop communications to ensure activities are well socialized internally and within the dealer network where appropriate.
- Maintain on-going communication with agencies, Senior Specialist and department Manager with current event information and results
- Compile event summary wrap up reports, analytics, measurement, presentation slides, and strategic recommendations to management
- Continuously review and report on prospect, handraiser & lead activity to communicate program effectiveness
- Prepare materials and presentations for meetings as required.
- Manage marketing fleet needs - transporting, fueling/charging, detailing, invoice payment etc.
- General tasks as required that contribute to the effectiveness of the Experiential and Partnerships Marketing area of the business. asset
- University or College degree, preferably in Marketing or Experiential Marketing
- You must have a valid full-class (G in Ontario) driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and be willing to work flexible hours, including evening hours and weekends
- Prior event marketing experience, ideally one year minimum
- Bilingual English/French is an asset
- Demonstrated innovative and creative thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated team player with strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Intermediate level of Microsoft office, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel within Canada and the United States
- Well-developed knowledge of the automotive industry is an asset
Benefits of working at BMW Group Canada include:
- An award winning culture.
- Cutting edge of innovation and creativity.
- Flexible working models.**
- Highly competitive compensation.
- World-class office space.
- Enjoy fresh meals in our amazing fully staffed and subsidized onsite cafeteria.
- Energize at our fully loaded coffee/tea bar.
BMW Group Canada is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of associates and creating an inclusive environment. BMW Group Canada does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law. BMW has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, or you would like to learn more about our Accessibility policies, provide feedback or request documentation, please contact Accessibility@bmw.ca.
** We encourage interested candidates who may legally work in Canada to apply for the role. Our organization follows a hybrid work structure. To be eligible for this role, candidates are expected to work from our Head Office in Richmond Hill, Ontario three times in a week.