Circular Economy and Sustainability Analyst
The Circlr Economy & Sustainability Analyst:
- Analyses and assesses circular economy opportunities within the scope of Purchasing and Supplier Network to enhance initiatives like sustainability/mobility, recycling, product sustainability, supply chain sustainability and position as global leaders in sustainability.
- Responsible for the operational implementation of potential closed loop recycling for steel, aluminum, battery raw materials, plastics, copper, and glass.
- Conducts circular economy analysis and assessment, within the MN specific framework with a focus on automotive products recycling for the Americas supplier market.
- Develops opportunities for closed material cycles, enables and sensitizes MN suppliers to the use of industrial scrap and end-of-life scrap.
- Monitors BMW Group targets for secondary raw material quota for MN.
- Recommends initiatives, coordinates and implements cross developmental measures to increase the BMW Group s secondary raw material quota.
- Collaborates with relevant process partners on guidelines to define, intensify, and embed closed closed-loop material management for the Americas in the areas of Supply Chain Sustainability, Energy, Recycling and Product Sustainability.
- Analyzes, monitors and further develops technological foundations in the areas of recycling and remanufacturing.
- Completes other tasks and special projects for the department as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
BMW Manufacturing is a leader in innovations and excellence. Come be a part of the extraordinary advanced manufacturing team where new technologies and ideas are constantly being discovered and implemented.
BMW Manufacturing is proud to be located in Upstate, South Carolina at the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, providing the perfect mix of exciting city life and the great outdoors, or simply a great environment in which to raise a family.
In addition to offering a stimulating work environment and a great place to live, BMW Associates have access to an exceptional range of benefits. Our comprehensive benefits program includes:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision coverage
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan with company matching contribution
- Retirement Income Account
- Life insurance
- BMW Associates Assistance Program
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company vehicle program
- BA/BS in a relevant discipline or 4 years of equivalent experience within managing or project lead function. Master's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in the areas of Sustainability/Mobility, Recycling, Product Sustainability and Supply Chain Sustainability.
- 3+ years of professional experience in automotive manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years of project management experience.
- Valid Driver's License and eligible to participate in the BMW MC vehicle Program.
- 3+ years working with analytical and conceptual skills as well as a holistic approach.
- 3+ years ability to interpret data and effectively communicate the results to team members and clients
- 3+ years ability to work collaboratively in a team and create an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization.
- 3+ years ability to work independently and in inter-cultural environment.
- Basic knowledge of the purchasing process covering all phases of product lifecycle.
- Strong conceptual problem solving and quantitative reasoning skills.
- Advanced communication skills (moderation, presentation, negotiation) and interpersonal competencies (trigger and align cross-departmental efforts, strong self-assertion and implementation skills).
- Advanced IT skills (MS Office).
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employee.