Risk Analyst Intern (12 months)
BMW Financial Services is looking for a Risk Analyst Intern to join the team in June 2023 for a 12 month tenure. The Risk Intern is responsible for assisting the BMW Financial Services Risk Management Department in managing the Residual Value Risk of the leasing portfolio.
- Monthly update of standardized internal reporting for residual value risk KPIs
- Statistical modeling and detailed analysis of relevant market data
- Conduct validation efforts of existing risk methodologies and provide insights and recommendations on improvements
- Working closely with internal stakeholders and external data providers to improve data breadth and accuracy
- Tracking realized market value performance relative to the competition
- Analyze the historic residual performance of the portfolio and develop visual and written reports that summarize these results, identify trends, explain variances from expectations and provide recommendations for improvements
- Liaise with counterparts in Munich on relevant topics
- Complete ad-hoc requests related to the Risk function and present findings to management
- Other duties as assigned
- Pursuit or completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistical Analysis and/or Mathematics, Finance, Economics, or equivalent experience is required.
- Strong mathematical aptitude and proven analytical skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word) required.
- Creative, ability to think “outside the box”.
- Familiarity with data visualization software Tableau considered an asset.
- Familiarity with the SQL programming language for data extraction is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
Benefits of working at BMW Group Canada include:
- An award winning culture.
- Cutting edge innovation and creativity.
- Flexible working models.**
- Highly competitive compensation.
- World-class office space.
- Fresh & nutritious meals in our amazing fully staffed, and subsidized, onsite cafeteria.
- Fully stocked coffee/tea bar.
What are you waiting for...jump into the driver's seat and apply today!
BMW Group Canada is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of associates and creating an inclusive environment. BMW Group Canada does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law.
BMW has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, or you would like to learn more about our Accessibility policies, provide feedback or request documentation, please contact Accessibility@bmw.ca.
**We encourage interested candidates who may legally work in Canada to apply for the role. Our organization follows a hybrid work structure. To be eligible for this role, candidates are expected to work from our Head Office in Richmond Hill, Ontario three times in a week.