Vocational Program Specialist
The Vocational Program Specialist:
- Leads internal vocational programs by developing and executing learning initiatives for workforce development.
- Develops, implements, and leads program initiatives and activities for all vocational programs within the plant training department.
- Implements, directs, and assesses activities together with technology partners during the on-the-job operational phase on specific vocational programs; includes learning activities based on specific technology, quality, and leadership topics.
- Provides leadership through use of educational programs and initiaitves (coaching, mentoring) to build technical and emotional intelligence skills for foundational elements of personal development and leadership culture.
- Aligns with technologies, utilizing a customer-oriented mindset, to ensure the experience and education offered through the vocational programs meets the requirements for jobs after completion of the programs.
- Collaborates with external educational partners to design & develop curricula that is applicable to a manufacturing environment, utilizing current & emerging technology.
- Conducts performance evaluations, schedules and approves work time, performs necessary disciplinary actions, and performs other supervisory actions as needed.
- Ensures a safe work environment and ensures processes, tools, fixtures, and equipment are available for vocational program Associates to perform their duties.
- Leads research in benchmarking best practices, new strategies, current trends, and emerging technology to steamline Vocational Program processes and initiatives.
- Directs activities for team support Associates (co-ops, interns, contractors, and service contract activities) - assigns tasks, develops priorities, and confirms completed tasks to meet business requirements.
- Leads and develops Associates in problem solving and improvements through coaching.
- Understands and models VPS (Value Added Production System) Principles and concepts of Standard Work. Adheres to 5S and Safety Standards and Principles.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
BMW Manufacturing is a leader in innovations and excellence. Come be a part of the extraordinary advanced manufacturing team where new technologies and ideas are constantly being discovered and implemented.
BMW Manufacturing is proud to be located in Upstate, South Carolina at the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, providing the perfect mix of exciting city life and the great outdoors, or simply a great environment in which to raise a family.
In addition to offering a stimulating work environment and a great place to live, BMW Associates have access to an exceptional range of benefits. Our comprehensive benefits program includes:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision coverage
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan with company matching contribution
- Retirement Income Account
- Life insurance
- BMW Associates Assistance Program
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company vehicle program
- BA/BS Degree in Education, Business, or technical field. Advanced Degree (preferred).
- 5+ years of demonstrated relevant professional experience in Education, Training, Business, Production, or a related technical function.
- 5+ years of experience in training and development including project management/change management.
- 3+ years of demonstrated leadership skills in a team environment.
- 2+ years of experience in a project leadership role (preferred).
- SAP experience (preferred).
- Experience with BMW Group training records, processes and/or programs (preferred).
- IHK - Train-the-Trainer Certification (preferred).
- Project Management Certification (preferred).
- Lean Six Sigma training (preferred).
- 5+ years of knowledge in technical terminology, tools, fixtures, parts, or process planning.
- 5+ years of communication skills (verbal and written).
- 3+ years of computer skills to include MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 3+ years of ability to build credible and sustainable relationships at all levels within an organization.
- 3+ years of ability to build ownership and support for workplace initiatives.
- 3+ years of Project Management and organization skills.
- 2+ years of knowledge of instructional design principles, learning outcomes, and adult learning theories.
- 2+ years of skills in facilitating group conversations and managing group processes.
- 2+ years of coaching and negotiation skills.
- 1+ years of knowledge in developing and applying metrics in assessing training and organizational development effectiveness.
- Understanding of Apprentice Programs and Processes.
- Capable of using different and diverse methods of instruction.
- Awareness of health, safety, and environmental issues relevant to the areas of responsibility.
- Experience of working both cross-functionally and/or internationally.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employee.