As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in College Park, GA.
The Technical Instructor is responsible for delivering technical training to BMW Group dealership technicians and apprentice trainees for the Service Technician Education Program (STEP) through practical workshop training sessions and theoretical instruction in a workshop environment. This position will independently study technical material, repair procedures and all relevant material related to BMW Group vehicle systems and procedures in order to improve their understanding and relevance.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and install relevant diagnostic tasks in vehicles for workshop training sessions
- Assisting in course development
- Organize and maintain the professional appearance and operation of the training facility
- Assist in representing BMW Group University at assigned functions
- Provide administrative support for departmental responsibilities
- Be able to travel 10%
- Must be able to speak in front of large audiences
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills
- Associates degree in automotive technology or post-secondary certificate
- BMW Master technician, or equivalent OEM Master technician, or ASE Master technician (A1-A8)
- Will accept Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering in lieu of the above education requirements
If candidate has associates degree in automotive technology or post secondary or certificate or Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering then 5+ years required in any of the following fields:
- BMW Master tech, or OEM equivalent.
- Automotive technical instructor
- OEM or Aftermarket automotive product engineering
- OEM or Aftermarket automotive service engineering
If candidate does not have associate degree or post-secondary certificate or Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering mentioned above then 7+ years’ experience as a technical trainer, BMW Master Tech or equivalent master tech required.
BMW NA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.