Recruiting Project Intern (Summer and Fall 2023)
The Recruiting Project Intern will support several new and ongoing recruiting department initiatives not limited to but will include, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), Military Veteran Hiring Initiatives and the BMW Legacy Program.
The intern will support DEI efforts to create a more inclusive workplace through intentional inclusion with a focus on improving the experience for our employees and external stakeholders. The qualified intern will provide administrative support, event planning and coordination, project management, materials design, research/analysis, process documentation, tracking and reporting.
Through coordinating and managing parts of our new Military Veteran Hiring Initiatives program, our intern will learn and develop project management skills/practices and partner with stakeholders to enable successful prioritization, development, delivery, and adoption of the program goals.
The Legacy Program is for college students of current BMW Associates. This program will give dependents of BMW associates the opportunity to work at BMW for the summer. You will provide administrative support for process documentation, data analytics reporting, creating PowerPoint presentations, responding to correspondence and phone calls. Participating in new hire onboarding, creating, and archiving files, and general administrative support.
The qualified Intern should expect to contribute & improve in the following functions:
- Conduct research and conceptualize new ideas
- Support project management and coordination of plans for the related projects
- Coordinate and support of focused, community-based events and initiatives
- Collects, analyze, and interpret information to evaluate landscape against business strategies
- Stay abreast of best practices and recommend relevant initiatives for activities and actions
- Provide regular input on enhancing processes and practices
- Supports the organization’s vision, strategy, priorities, and roadmap
- Partner with stakeholders to enable successful prioritization, development, delivery, and adoption of the program goals
- Create PowerPoint slide decks for presentations and support preparation for meetings
- Participate in project team meetings
- Provide general administrative support
- Schedules use of meeting room facilities on an as needed basis
- Other administrative duties and special projects as assigned by project team members
- Working towards a Masters or 4-year degree
- Ability to complete Summer and Fall back to back internships - preferred
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Microsoft office skills, especially advanced level MS Excel (the ability to produce graphs, pivot tables, VLOOKUP, use spreadsheets efficiently, and perform calculations and automation)
- Effective communication skills
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major)
- Full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States
- Completion of at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours / week)
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term
- THE WORK TERM DATES (including both Summer and Fall terms) are May 8, 2023, to December 19, 2023
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.