Customer Process Specialist
INNOVATION IS IMAGINING WHAT NO ONE ELSE CAN
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR EXCELLENCE
Everything starts with passion at the BMW Group. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and to bring innovative ideas onto the roads. Enthusiasm for joint projects turns a team into a strong unit where every opinion is valued. It is only when expertise, highly professional processes and enjoyment of work are united that we can shape the future together. Whatever your heart’s desire – in the BMW Group, you will find a wide range of departments and disciplines across the world where you can share your professional passion with us.
Customer Process Specialist
As Customer Process Specialist you will be responsible for mapping, governing, monitoring, analysing and managing the effectiveness, development and ongoing enhancement of all aspects of the outsourced and out-tasked BMW UK CIC (Customer Interaction Centre) systems and processes. This will include identifying, supporting, and implementing business enhancements, reviewing and analysing the current systems and processes ensuring that they are fit for purpose. Mapping of all new processes across the NSC CIC operation.
- Review and enhance existing processes to achieve operational efficiencies and improvements to NSC CIC Customer Services.
- Map new processes with key SME stakeholder input driving operational efficiencies and enhancing seamless customer journey.
- Facilitate process review workshops/process deep dives in the department and with external CIC providers, capturing all enhancements and seeing these through to implementation in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Communicate all system / process changes to the department and wider business, ensuring all parties understand the changes and adopt them into their business activities. This includes change control process working alongside the NSC Operations Manager and CIC Operations Supplier Relationship Manager where appropriate.
- Provide input and support for the ongoing development of the Customer Service and CIC strategy.
- Working with relevant SMEs, maintain, understand, and update the department procedures / work instructions / user guides ensuring these correctly reflect current practice and adhere to company policies and the wider Munich process landscape.
- Ensure process / business / project enhancements are followed up and implemented within the department, ensuring documentation is updated and training is carried out.
- Assess the impact on processes of legislative, regulatory, and business change and design/implement appropriate solutions.
- Develop, maintain, and understand documentation relating to key projects carried out in BMW UK CIC. Ensure that all stakeholders are updated on project updates and key milestones.
- Act as point of contact for customer service specific projects, involving colleagues as and when necessary, making key decisions and escalating concerns / issues to key stakeholder group.
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent
- Automotive experience
- Process mapping and efficiency delivery experience.
- Supplier Management experience.
- Project Management experience is desirable but not essential.
- Experience with process mapping tools.
- Lean Six Sigma qualification and experience.
- Track record of successfully delivering business improvement and change in a NSC environment.
- Customer Service Experience and knowledge of end-to-end customer process is desirable.
- Excellent data analysis and analytical skills.
- Natural curiosity to interrogate data / processes / tasks to support root cause analysis.
- Strong communication skills
- Creativity and ability to think strategically, to look outside the normal boundaries
- Project Management skills and organisational skills.
As a part of the BMW Group, a career with BMW (UK) Ltd can offer long term opportunities for growth and development locally, nationally and internationally. The BMW Group invests in its employees and boasts a positive and supportive culture and flexible working environment. We are based in prestigious offices in Farnborough that provide a great place to work with good people and exciting, engaging and industry leading brands.
At BMW Group, we are committed to offering our employees the right balance between work and personal life. We pride ourselves on being a flexible employer and for most roles, it could be possible to agree flexible hours, job share, compressed hours or part-time working hours and so please discuss your individual requirements as part of the application process so we can try to agree a suitable arrangement. For this role, we also support a hybrid model which combines remote and office working. #LI-Hybrid
We are proud to be a part of the Disability Confident scheme. The scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to the workplace.