Tax and Compliance Analyst
The Tax and Compliance Analyst will be assisting with tax compliance topics including preparing all Corporate Tax Returns and regulatory tax filings, indirect tax (sales tax, duties, excise tax, luxury tax, etc.) calculations and filings, taxable benefit calculations (incentive programs), and tax provision calculations. The role will also be responsible for ensuring timely tax remittances and support Federal and Provincial tax audits as they occur, annual external audits, transfer pricing documentations and perform tax research as requested.
In addition, the Tax and Compliance Analyst will be responsible for the coordination, implementation, monitoring of the Internal Control System (ICS) projects and targets as mandated by BMW AG. The role will be assisting with ad hoc projects as required and HR projects such as administering internal benefit programs (e.g. company vehicle).
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assists the preparation of the corporate tax returns and tax provisions for all BMW Group Canada entities
- Responsible for the preparation, calculation and filing of all other regulatory filings including withholding tax, FATCA and CRS forms, T4A slips for taxable benefits etc.)
- Responsible for the monthly calculation and reporting of all indirect taxes (i.e. HST, PST, QST, Excise tax, green levy, luxury tax, etc.)
- Assists with Government tax audits, annual external audits, and external consulting projects for topics such as income tax, indirect tax, international tax and transfer pricing
- Responsible for taxable benefit topics in all areas for both NSC and SF (i.e. company vehicle, incentive programs, etc.). Key contact for the taxable benefit topics with business departments, HR, external vendor, dealers. Guide department through the process for both planning/budgeting and reporting phase to ensure accuracy and optimal results
- Responsible for creating, updating and maintaining of process maps and control documentations within the Company. Monitors KCI cockpit and investigates deviations with departmental business owners and propose solutions to mitigate violations
- Support other ICS topics such as user violation reduction, communication and control testing
- Review and audit the compliance of corporate policy including 407 ETR and company gas card
- Monitors the statutory changes in Federal and Provincial taxes and implement changes to systems/processes on timely basis to mitigate risk to the group
- Performs ad hoc tax projects and tax research as requested
- University degree with major in Tax / Accounting
- Completion of In-depth Tax Courses an asset
- 1-2 years’ experience with Tax Department or Tax responsibilities
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Benefits of working at BMW Group Canada include:
- An award winning culture.
- Cutting edge innovation and creativity.
- Incredible BMW, MINI and Motorrad employee vehicle/motorcycle programs.
- Flexible working models.
- Highly competitive compensation.
- Performance incentives programs.
- First-rate health and wellness benefits.
- Education reimbursement.
- World-class office space.
- Fresh & nutritious meals in our amazing fully staffed, and subsidized, onsite cafeteria.
- Fully stocked coffee/tea bar.
What are you waiting for...jump into the driver's seat and apply today!
BMW Group Canada is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of associates and creating an inclusive environment. BMW Group Canada does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law.
BMW has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, or you would like to learn more about our Accessibility policies, provide feedback or request documentation, please contact Accessibility@bmw.ca.