Controls Planner Specialist
Battery specialists at the BMW Group are in their element. The ability to convert energy into determination and vision into reality is particularly necessary. The reaction product needs to be unparalleled driving pleasure - our vehicles' hallmark.
The Controls Planner Specialist:
- Manages controls standards for the installation of equipment within the energy module technology department.
- Leads and participates in projects within the energy module technology department, providing controls planning and support for equipment modifications and/or installations.
- Provides technical support within the controls functions of the energy module technology department.
- Collaborates with technical planning partners.
- Develops and maintains controls design standards and specifications, including concept drawings, electrical drawings (EPlan), purchased parts lists, cost calculation sheets, commissioning and acceptance documents, mechanical/electrical interface documents, etc.
- Collaborates with procurement to identify and select qualified controls suppliers.
- Provides technical and project management support related to controls systems and the installation of new equipment.
- Ensures that safety and controls specifications are met, and proper controls documentation is received, written to standards, and updated to reflect any changes.
- Participates in cross-functional project teams supporting activities related to controls topics.
- Plans and implements improvements within paint shop controls systems to positively affect process capability, system uptime, and reliability.
- Provides technical support to paint shop groups resolving controls related issues.
- Develops cost estimates, layouts, and technical expertise needed for evaluations as requested by production and central planning.
- Develops and maintains expertise in the following as they relate to controls systems: industry best practices, engineering standards, codes and regulations, BMW specifications, and system design.
- Ensures minimal impact to operations with project implementations.
- Takes proactive steps to minimize risk of downtime or OEE degradation.
- Understands and models VPS (Value Added Production System) Principles and concepts of Standard Work and Problem Solving.
- Adheres to 5S and Safety Standards and Principles.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
BMW Manufacturing is a leader in innovations and excellence. Come be a part of the extraordinary advanced manufacturing team where new technologies and ideas are constantly being discovered and implemented.
BMW Manufacturing is proud to be located in Upstate, South Carolina at the foothills of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, providing the perfect mix of exciting city life and the great outdoors, or simply a great environment in which to raise a family.
In addition to offering a stimulating work environment and a great place to live, BMW Associates have access to an exceptional range of benefits. Our comprehensive benefits program includes:
- Medical, Dental, Prescription and Vision coverage
- Paid time off
- 401(k) plan with company matching contribution
- Retirement Income Account
- Life insurance
- BMW Associates Assistance Program
- Medical Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company vehicle program
- BS degree in engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred) or STEM related field OR the equivalent of 4 years of planning or project management experience in the automotive industry. MS Degree in STEM (preferred).
- 5+ years of experience with industrial controls and automation (i.e. PLC, robot, communication buses, safety systems, variable frequency/servo drives, pneumatics, etc.)
- 5+ years of project planning experience for automated manufacturing environments (automotive preferred).
- 5+ years of demonstrated project leadership skills.
- 5+ years of communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) and resource allocation as proven through business application.
- 5+ years knowledge of technology operational processes and concepts.
- 5+ years knowledge of technology planning processes.
- 5+ years knowledge of equipment installation and commissioning processes.
- 3+ years knowledge of energy module production equipment.
- 3+ years Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 3+ years knowledge of battery equipment planning.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employee.