Material-Flow and Lineside-Planning Co-op (Fall 2023)
This is a Co-Op position which requires three alternating rotations (e. g. 1st rotation: fall, 2nd rotation: summer, 3rd rotation: spring).
The Material-Flow and Lineside-Planning Co-op will be responsible for supporting innovation projects in in bodyshop and assembly logistics. Main focus of the position will be on the implementation of autonomous guided vehicles within our Logistics Processes. The implementation will be aligned with the overall Logistics Innovations Strategy, and this position will be responsible for supporting and steering these tasks/projects to completion.
The qualified co-op should expect to contribute & improve in the following functions:
- Running of weekly/monthly reporting
- Lineside Transition Organization and Support (SBWE Packages)
- MILES/LMG Plausi Checks and Maintenance
- Autonomous Rollout Support
- Future Model Evaluation Run
- Dashboard Enhancements for KPI Reporting
- Autonomous Rollout Plan
- Pursuing a degree in Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, or Supply Chain Management preferred.
- Self-Starter, outgoing, good problem solver.
- Strong background in Excel (preferred).
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
- Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Ability to complete 3 alternating work terms for co-op positions.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours / week).
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
- THE WORK TERM DATES ARE August 11th, 2023 to December 15th, 2023.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.