International Intern Process-Chain Quality (Fall 2023)
The Process-Chain Quality Intern will support the group in the tracking and management of the Problem Solving Process and generation of the Series Warranty Prognosis - collect user quality data from launch phases, collate and use algorithms for predicting warranty landscape in series. Investigate issues detected by internal sensors and from Warranty-sensors to ensure immediate containment and efficient problem solving.
The qualified intern/Co-op should expect to contribute & improve in the following functions:
- Structured Problem-Solving Skills
- Data analysis - launch phases generate numerous PQM points - occurrence and severity to be analyzed for prognosis algorithms
- Support engineering with analysis of pre-series parts to ensure robust Root Cause Analysis Process (application of quality methods - Ishikawa, 5-Why, 8D, FMEA, etc)
- Monitor and investigate sensor data not reported as incidents while supporting the team with streamlining of reporting requirements.
- Plan and conduct GEMBAs with engineering and production teams to investigate quality issues on new product.
- Support with a special projects aimed at improving problem detection, management and solving processes.
- Quality Workshops - plan, schedule, run and document quality workshops with Modules and Sensors during Launch Phase to ensure proper transparency to landscape and sufficient effectiveness of measures.
- Evolution of Patterns - collaborate with Field Claim Sensor to establish patterns based on current fault landscape prior to Start of Production - ensure robust transparency going into series production.
- For International Interns: development and execution of a larger project in the area of Quality Requirements, Steering or Proactive Prevention, including a report to management
- Pursuing a degree in Quality, Engineering or a similar field / MIS
- Excel - Advanced level
- General Automotive understanding
- Dual-Language (German/English) preferred
- Successful completion of previous internship/working student assignment within the BMW group (3-month period minimum).
- Current enrollment in Master program outside of the US or enrolled in the last semester of a Bachelor program outside of the US.
- Equivalent of 3.0 GPA.
- Must provide the following paperwork in English:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Last University Performance Record
- Relevant references and certificates.
- Fall Rotation Dates: 9/18/2023-3/15/2024
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.