International Intern Product Engineering Interior (Fall 2023)
Engineering interns in Product Engineering support achievement of module and group targets for quality and timing. They complete moderately complex tasks in a production and product engineering environment, applying existing experience and learning new and valuable skills. They work semi-independently under the guidance of one or more module leaders to support analysis of problems, development, validation and implementation of solutions, and collect necessary data to confirm solution effectiveness.
The qualified intern/Co-op should expect to contribute & improve in the following functions:
- Supports current engineering tasks, quality assurance, design engineering, analysis and validation, process improvement initiatives, as well as assist in ongoing workflows.
- Supports the Module Leaders in the achievement of agreed upon module and process chain targets (GWK, Breakdown, IQS, QFZ/QZS, Q-Index, PQM, gAMS),
- Supports design and release of components within the modules through 3-D model analyses, prototype development and production, and testing and validation on fixtures as well as on customer cars.
- Reports to Section Manager Plant Spartanburg (Administratively) and to the relevant Module Leader (Operationally).
- Develops a network to the Center of Competence and to plant process partners in support of assigned activities.
- Supports development of solutions to highly complex or (un)usual technical problems which require regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- May be called upon to prepare presentations on solutions, as well as present data and results in Module or management rounds.
- Understands and implements VPS (Value Added Production System) Principles and concepts of Standard Work and Problem Solving.
- Adheres to 6S and Safety Standards and Principles.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Willingness to learn.
- Team player with drive to push projects to completion.
- Problem Solving skills.
- Design, Planning and organizing.
- MS Office knowledge required.
- Basic CAD knowledge (preferred Catia).
- Good Communication skills.
- Successfully completed an internship/working student assignment within the BMW group (3 month period minimum).
- Be currently enrolled in a University study program outside of the US.
- Equivalent of 3.0 GPA.
- Must provide the following paper work in English:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Last University Performance Record
- Relevant references and certificates
- Fall Rotation Dates: 9/18/2023-3/15/2024.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employee.