Value Added Production Systems Intern (Fall 2023)
The Value Added Production Systems Intern will implement improvements and changes while successfully ensuring minimal interruption to Battery operations, enabling volume and quality targets to be maintained and/or achieved.
The qualified Intern should expect to contribute & improve in the in the following functions:
- Assists with continuous improvement activities throughout Battery.
- Organizes and develops teams to perform root cause analysis of complex technical problems within Battery.
- Evaluates Key Performance Indicators throughout Battery.
- Participates in Shop Floor Management activities to improve efficiency/quality in Battery.
- Aides in data visualizations/ dashboard creation for all levels of management in Battery.
- Evaluates processes and provides feedback to improve efficiency/ quality in Battery.
- Maintains Value Stream Maps for all areas.
- Audits Shop Floor Management Boards and other Shop Floor Management standards.
- Creates of Bi-Weekly reports sent to management.
- Understands and models VPS (Value added Production System) Principles.
- Adheres to 5S and Safety Standards and principles.
- New Battery Line KPI integration.
- Value Stream Mapping creation for departments in Battery.
- Integration of BMW wide Shop Floor Management Dashboard.
- Cost per Unit Reduction Projects.
- Streamlining of Shop Floor Management Tools/Processes.
- Pursuing degree in Industrial Engineering (preferred) or similar engineering degree.
- Microsoft Excel VBA, PowerBI, Minitab experience (preferred).
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
- Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Ability to complete 3 alternating work terms for co-op positions.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours / week).
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
- THE WORK TERM DATES ARE August 14, 2023 to December 15, 2023.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.