Exterior System Integration Co-op (Fall 2023)
This is a Co-Op position which requires three alternating rotations (e. g. 1st rotation: Spring, 2nd rotation: Fall, 3rd rotation: Summer).
The Exterior System Integration Co-op will support the evaluation of one or both the following: 1) ability to manufacture. Can the product be processed repeatedly to meet quality and customer requirements? and 2) ability of the product to meet engineering specifications including customer functions. The co-op will obtain vehicle/technical knowledge, both virtual and hardware evaluation skills, and to develop and practice technical problem-solving skills in a cross functional environment.
The qualified co-op should expect to contribute & improve in the following functions:
- Support specialists with root cause analysis (RCA) and solution development.
- Assist in launching new Plant Spartanburg vehicles.
- Gain basic knowledge and experience in new vehicle development and validation.
- Become familiar with the problem solving process for vehicle defects.
- Experimental Test Fixture Development: develop specialized test fixtures to validate the sustainability and/or effectiveness of containment/long-term solutions for interior function topics.
- Full Solution Development and Implementation: take full responsibility for/ownership of a functional defect and work with process partners to identify the root cause, create a solution, and validate the solution’s effectiveness through a line trial. This will be completed through the standard BMW CAMS process.
- Pursuing degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Automotive or Industrial Engineering.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) experience preferred.
- Hands-on practical mechanical skills using tools preferred.
- Communication skills.
- Leadership skills and abilities.
- Time and task management skills
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
- Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Ability to complete 3 alternating work terms for Co-op positions.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours / week).
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
- The WORK TERM DATES are 8/14/23 - 12/15/23.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.