Process Engineer and Technical Planning Paint Shop Co-op (Fall 2023)
This is a co-op position which requires three alternating rotations (e. g. 1st rotation: Fall, 2nd rotation: Spring, 3rd rotation: summer).
The Process and New Model Planning Co-op will steer and perform process planning functions for series and new models for the
paint department. They will develop & implement production process specification improvements that affect quality, throughput and capacity.
The qualified co-op should expect to contribute & improve in the following functions:
- Collaborates with new model Launch on integration of new models into series processes.
- Manages quality & process issues to and from Plant Spartanburg body-in white department, paint department, assembly department and quality management & engineering by ensuring process standards are followed and promoting ideal processes; assist in creating action plan dependent on root cause analysis
- Supports, implements, and communicates status of new projects at department and plant level.
- Contributes to new model introductions to support production areas, function builds, and final paint repair by ensuring that new models integrate into series processes within specification and documentation for new models.
- Supports paint department production areas with coordination of supplier parts and logistics to meet line side and volume requirements.
- Drives feasibility studies for consumables, fixtures, new process evaluations etc. based on cost, reliability, and quality requirement by finding solutions for process related concerns and conducting line trials in production areas for cost and availability of products.
- Conducts, monitors and maintains oven curves and oven probe bodies by model type in order to verify oven operation within set parameters within BMW's specifications.
- Performs process analysis to evaluate new process integration into current series processes.
- Updating of process flow charts and process sheets.
- Help with support for the Change management process for paint.
- Assist new model planner
- Process change requests associated with the new model
- Conduct process and product-based evaluations
- Organize and conduct meetings
- Develop new documents
- Organize change management documents and meetings.
- Track quarterly destruct testing
- Tool calibration reports and tracking
• Advance Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for making Word documents, Excel charts and graphs, and PowerPoint presentations.
• Problem Solving Skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be self-motivated
• Industrial or Mechanical Engineer, preferred
• Drawing software, preferred
• Oracle/ Apex skills, preferred.
• Self-starter with initiative to learn and grow in a fast paced industrial environment.
• Verbal communication skills and ability to hold attention of meeting attendees.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work productively on project tasks with little to no direct supervision.
• Oracle/ Apex skills preferred.
• Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
• Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
• Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
• Ability to complete 3 alternating work terms for Co-op positions.
• Ability to work full-time (40 hours / week).
• Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
• MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
• Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
• THE WORK TERM DATES ARE ( August 14th to December 15th 2023).
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.