Project Launch Steering Co-op (Fall 2023)
This is a Co-Op position which requires three alternating rotations (e. g. 1st rotation: Fall, 2nd rotation: Spring, 3rd rotation: Summer).
The Project Steering Co-op will support the project steerer with launch related activities at BMW Plant 10. Even before the general public, the student will get exposure to new product content and will work in a cross functional team with colleagues in other departments throughout Plant Spartanburg and in Germany. The co-op will work side by side with the project steerers to verify design changes and prepare new content for vehicle production and can expect to be involved in high-impact process improvement projects and reporting.
The qualified co-op should expect to contribute & improve in the following functions:
- Maintain milestone plans, content overviews, and other planning documents related to project launches.
- Create Assembly Drop requests for both assembly halls.
- Manage the Transport Ordering process for Airfreight delivery of NSG cars.
- Manage and create Synchro Files and Option Matrices.
- Run Verification program weekly to ensure data accuracy of NSG builds.
- Create Status 5000 requests in a timely manner.
- Manage and facilitate Throughput and other meetings as assigned.
- Degree pursuit in Industrial Engineering, International Business or Logistics/Operations Management
- Proven skills in MS Excel/Office Suite, VBA/SQL/APEX, SharePoint, Power BI and other business analytics tools
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to show initiative and to work independently
- German language skills are a plus
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
- Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Ability to complete 3 alternating work terms for Co-op positions.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours / week).
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
- Must Attach an unofficial transcript upon applying
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
- The work term dates for this rotation are August 14th, 2023 through December 15th 2023
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.