Test & Final Finish Quality Co-op (Fall 2023)
This is a co-op position which requires three alternating rotations (e. g. 1st rotation: fall, 2nd rotation: spring, 3rd rotation: summer).
Support the Assembly Test, Finish areas with development of process improvements, innovations, and software tools. Work with department management teams to iterate on existing processes, tools, and concepts to improve transparency of the quality landscape, complete vehicle test and finishing processes, and Vehicle / Information Flow management. Also, imagine the next generation of flow concepts and software tools and assess feasibility and potential benefits. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
The qualified co-op should expect to contribute & improve in the following functions:
- Improving quality, vehicle flow through projects that increase Test, Finish, Inspection capabilities.
- Performs tactical decision making for urgent issues. Manages support groups in problem solving and prevention.
- Ensures that Department goals are consistently met. Maintains continuous improvement in regard to all measurables.
- Quality Landscape: Develop new ways to improve quality in the Department and improve existing quality landscape. Analyze data and form new approaches for faster and clearer path from problem recognition to solution. This may include development of new mobile hardware solutions in conjunction with software to streamline the defect documentation process. Develop or enhance tools to improve visibility of plant quality process adherence. Includes interfacing with existing plant quality management IT systems. Also may include suggesting and testing new ideas that don’t yet exist.
- Vehicle Flow Management: Develop and enhance existing processes with accompanying software tools to manage offline vehicle flow more efficiently through multiple and complex testing and rework areas. Simplify and save labor required from process supporters by providing smarter tools to detect irregularities or inconsistencies in vehicle routing decisions, in order to support faster resolution, feedback to the sources of such issues, and improve on-time shipping.
- Develop an e-learning and Inspection Planning for the Test and Finish Process area for incoming new Models.
- Further develop use cases for Visual inspection systems in the department.
- Update co-op manual.
- Engineering degree (preferably electrical, mechanical, or industrial).
- Microsoft Excel (experience with VLookup, Macros, PivotTables, etc. preferred).
- Programming / Coding experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented & Organized.
- Works well with a Team.
- Effective communication skills.
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
- Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Ability to complete 3 alternating work terms for Co-op positions.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours / week).
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
- THE WORK TERM DATES ARE (August 14th, 2023 - December 15th, 2023).
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.