APEX Systems Analyst Co-op (Fall 2023)
This is a co-op position which requires three alternating rotations (e. g. 1st rotation: fall, 2nd rotation: spring, 3rd rotation: summer).
The APEX Systems Analyst Co-op will provide the Assembly Quality Management Programing Team with support with Quality Data Application development, validation and analytics for Assembly Department. APEX is Oracle programing aide for data reporting and management. BMW uses IPS-Q database for assembly defect documentation and tracking. They will be a contributing member to the Quality Reporting and Application development.
The qualified co-op should expect to contribute & improve in the in the following functions:
- Support with validation and refinement of current applications.
- Provide support for problem investigation.
- Conduct quality data review.
- The specific tasks to be completed will be determined by the Assembly Quality Team and will be dependent upon the problem landscape, but could include:
- Evaluation of data.
- Leads technical projects to ensure long term requirements of systems management and planning are met.
- Develops, tests and installs updates and new requirements in IPS-Q System.
- Sets/determines best practices for vision, mobile/standard scanning, and other data capturing tools required to meet both Quality and BMW Group Standards.
- Recommends and implements quality improvement efforts. Stays up to date on future innovations, technical trends and applies this to future changes.
- Tests and updates software for main quality systems to ensure latest user enhancements.
- Conducts training for end users after software updates and improvements are implemented.
- Possible project applications may include: Electronic Job Sign in reporting, Problem Solving Database, Key Performance Indicator reporting, Closed Defect Reporting.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science/Information Technologies/Engineering or related field
- Experience with programing in SQL.
- Application development experience.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
- Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Ability to complete 3 alternating work terms for co-op positions.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours / week).
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
- THE WORK TERM DATES ARE August 14th, 2023 to December 15th, 2023.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.