Predictive Maintenance/Mobile Robotics Co-op (Fall 2023)
This is a co-pp position which requires three alternating rotations (e. g. 1st rotation: fall, 2nd rotation: summer, 3rd rotation: spring).
The Predictive Maintenance co-op will leverage coding / development skillset to support innovation activities in the Central Maintenance department.
The qualified co-op should expect to contribute & improve in the following functions:
- Support ongoing rollout of mobile robotics to bring the next level of automation to the body shop
- Support Data connectivity of Predictive Maintenance projects and initiatives
- Develop connection from vibration sensing equipment in PLC cabinets to a cloud location where data can be housed, monitored, and alerts created based on data trends
- Support development of function blocks to create routines which will facilitate data data collection from PLCs on production floor
- Create code to support mobile robotics (quadruped robot) integrating into the PLCs on production floor to complete tasks that are currently done manually
Assignment Development Plan:
- Opportunities to create novel code for mobile robotics applications
- Exposure to industrial automation and the maintenance of the equipment involved therein.
- Opportunity to present in the weekly team meeting as well as updates on projects in other management rounds as milestones in projects are reached.
- Pursing a degree in Computer Engineering.
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
- Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Ability to complete 3 alternating work terms for co-op positions.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours / week).
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
- THE WORK TERM DATES ARE August 14th, 2023 to December 15th, 2023.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.