Innovation and Research Intern (Fall 2023)
The Innovation and Research Intern will work with the Innovation Lab that focuses on bringing innovations to different areas of BMW Group. The lab examines topics in the areas of artificial intelligence (such as machine/deep learning as genetic algorithms), data science, and quantum computing.
The qualified intern should expect to contribute & improve in the in the following functions:
- Work in an area of innovation focusing on one to two projects for the duration of the internship. Projects will have a mentor in the Innovation Lab.
- Analyze problems and implement solutions that can be proven to work. Continually refine and improve solutions.
- Share in team meetings current progress and challenges.
- Design and test algorithms using Python/R for local systems, GPU-based systems, and cloud solutions (AWS/Azure).
- Update and track tasks with tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Be open to learning new tools and technologies used by the Innovation Lab for data analytics (e.g. Tableau, Splunk, AWS).
- Projects are dependent upon current tasks of the Innovation Lab as well as background and willingness of intern to learn new technologies and methods. Typical projects include deep learning classification/segmentation, data analytics using Python/R and Tableau/Splunk, and experimenting with new IoT devices.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related discipline.
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
- Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours / week).
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
- THE WORK TERM DATES ARE August 14th, 2023 to December 15, 2023.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.