Corporate Communications Intern (Fall 2023)
The internship is a specialist position in Corporate Communications. Work assignments include:
- Event Management
- Internal Communications
- Corporate Compliance
- Visual Management
- Community Relations
- Public Tours
- and Fleet Management
The role of Corporate Communications is to ensure the consistency of the BMW brand in communications at the plant; to maintain positive relationships with associates, managers, leaders and community partners; and to be strategic partners in leading change, generating creative solutions, and managing the complexities of messaging and content marketing within the BMW Group.
The qualified intern should expect to contribute & improve in the following functions:
- Support in media visits, community sponsored events, and other internal / external events.
- Prepare and edit news stories for internal newspaper and website.
- Assist in planning, writing and managing e-blasts, and e-newsletters, presentations.
- Create online advertisements. .
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communication.
- Update all bulletin boards around buildings on an ongoing basis.
- Assist development of marketing materials and graphic designs internally / externally.
- Assisting with community relations campaigns such as the “BMW Charity Pro-Am” golf tournament and the United Way Campaign.
- Collaborative cross-departmental projects such as: Diversity Week Campaign, The Scholars Campaign, The Supplier Diversity Conference, misc.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Pursing a degree in Communications or related major.
- Possess excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written communication skills, providing 3-5 writing samples (short stories, essays, articles, etc.).
- Ability to balance changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to problem-solve, self-starter, good time management, creative with the ability to communicate in a professional manner.
- Displays initiative.
- Computer literacy; Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team.
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of quality and the organization’s mission.
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms; including Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
- Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours / week).
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
- THE WORK TERM DATES ARE August 14, 2023 - December 15, 2023.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.