2023 BMW Scholars
The BMW Scholars Program allows students to attend class full-time at local two-year colleges while working part-time hours at BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC. The participating colleges are Spartanburg Community College, Greenville Technical College, Tri-County Technical College, and Piedmont Technical College.Participation allows students to further their education while gaining valuable experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment and become potential candidates for full-time positions at BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC. Students will spend their time working and training in ONE of three designated program tracks, automotive, logistics, or technical. The program also allows students to work in rotations between the manufacturing departments of the Body Shop, Paint Shop, and Assembly shop. There is no obligation for continued employment by BMW MC or the student upon receipt of a degree by the student. Starting wage is $18.00 per hour, tuition assistance is provided each semester while in the program. Medical and prescription coverage is available.
- Full time student status and commitment to attend school year round is required.
- Students must be enrolled in a degree related to one of the BMW Scholar program tracks such as mechatronics, automotive technology, machine tool technology, computer technology/ IT, and logistics/ supply chain management.
- Students must be entering or in their 1st - 2nd semester of degree study to be considered.
- Minimum 2.8 GPA required.
- Successful completion of the BMW pre-employment assessment is required.
- Successful completion of the pre-placement physical and substance abuse tests is required.
- Commitment to working up to 20 hours per week at BMW during the course of the program.
- Participation in internal BMW MC training is required.
Attach a copy of your HS transcript or GED (if you will be entering college for the first time) or your college transcript (if you are currently enrolled) and your resume to your application.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment is required.
- Time management and organizational skills are a necessity.
- MS Office experience required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employee.