Indirect Purchasing Intern (Fall 2023)
The Indirect Purchasing Intern will develop and direct the procurement of materials, parts, equipment, and supplies for the organization by procurement of various goods and services (commodities) to serve the immediate, short-, medium-, and long-term needs and requirements of the Plant internal customers by achieving the best cost-performance ratio for the organization.
The qualified Intern should expect to contribute & improve in the following functions:
- Support buyers in negotiations and order processing.
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers.
- Data analytics in excel for buyer projects.
- Support team with meeting coordination with suppliers.
- Support team in escalations.
- Support team with data clean up for implementation of new system.
- Follow up with suppliers for various supplier events.
- Coupa / SRM rollout support.
- Diversity event support.
- Supplier day support.
- Pursuing a degree in Business, Finance or Supply Chain (preferred).
- Excel skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
- Full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Completion of at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours / week).
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
- THE WORK TERM DATES ARE (08/14/2023 - 12/15/2023)
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.