Senior Data Accountant
The Senior Data Accountant ensures aspects and preparation of the financial statements for the BMW Group subsidiary are prepared in accordance with the applicable reporting principles (IFRS and BMW AG Policies and Procedures) and provides stakeholders with a true and fair view of the assets, liabilities, financial position and profit of the company and manage the Intercompany, Accounts Receivable and Cost of Retail (COR).
- Prepare the general accounting and reporting functions including accruals, intercompany, accounts receivable and Cost of Retail (COR) for BMW of North America, LLC.
- Prepare and monitor the financial statements of BMW of North America are in compliance with BMW Group Accounting Guidelines and IFRS.
- Creation of management tools and knowledge of data science to facilitate ad hoc requests stemming from senior management initiatives.
- Drive system changes and monitor current infrastructure to ensure proper functionality.
- Ensure that financial reporting activities are processed in most effective and efficient way utilizing IFT and JRP
- Utilize JRP for consolidation and joint reporting purposes
- Verify that internal accounting controls related to accounting processes are in place and effective.
- Provide technical accounting research and guidance as it pertains to current and upcoming IFRS topics and eGAAP
- Technical advocate for accounting group's needs to PMO and IT department
- Support the integration of new IFRS accounting standards
- Assist the annual audit and mid-year and interim review of the financial statements and footnotes by our Independent Certified Public Accounting Firm.
- Take initiative to regularly lead ad hoc tasks and projects as part of team and BMW Group
- Train/support employees on system process innovations
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
What are you waiting for...jump into the driver's seat and apply for the Senior Data Accountant position today!
- Bachelor’s Degree, Major in Accounting or similar required.
- CPA, CMA or MBA/Finance preferred
- 5-7 years of increasing responsible experience in an Accounting Department including supervisory experience of a small size team (1-2 team members)
- Experience with Microsoft Office; SAP/IFT; Database report writer/extract tools
BMW NA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.