Supplier Process Optimization & Development Intern (Fall 2023)
The Supplier Process Optimization & Development Intern will participate and support onsite supplier Value Stream Management (VSM) workshops, support activity planning and steering and assist with the preparation of recurring reports and other back-office duties.
The qualified intern should expect to contribute & improve in the following functions:
- Travel to suppliers with consultants to support project specific assignments
- Identify potential improvement during onsite supplier visits
- Support suppliers in the implementation of improvements utilizing various lean techniques:
- Overall supplier evaluations
- Review production and material flow throughout the plant
- Waste analysis
- Cycle time/bottleneck analysis
- Capacity and OEE confirmations
- Production scheduling optimization
- Generate summary reports from supplier visits/improvement activities (workshops)
- Report/present assignment summaries to supplier and requesting department
- Update and track internal VSM project database
- Generate weekly, quarterly, and year-end reports
- Optimize internal VSM processes and tools
- Update & maintain group intranet site
- Improve functionality & efficiency of Capacity Calculation tools and methods
- Implement optimization projects based on assignment requests (manpower capacity calculator, machine capacity, supplier investment requests/validations and/or supplier analysis)
- Automate workshop report/results generation (increase internal efficiency)
- Oversee assignment relevant training plans from BMW Central Steering
- Pursuing degree in ME, IE, Supply Chain or related.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major).
- Have full-time status at an accredited four-year college or university in the United States.
- Completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application.
- Ability to complete 3 alternating work terms for co-op positions.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours / week).
- Transfer students must have a GPA from current university.
- MUST ATTACH A COPY OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT.
- Complete and pass a substance abuse test before the work term.
- THE WORK TERM DATES ARE (08/14/2023-12/15/2023)
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.