Intern, Technology Partnerships and Business Development
This is a full-time internship position for a Fall Rotation, expected to start around March 20, 2023 through September 15, 2023 in Mountain View, CA.
The intern will work with internal and external stakeholders and support the cross functional teams to create new product and business opportunities for the BMW Group with external partners. He/she will support the team in maintaining close working relationships with Silicon Valley Technology Companies and other partners that help BMW and its US partners to achieve their mutual business objectives. This involves devising innovative business models and new products, in close collaboration with marketing, engineering, sales, and UX/design on both BMW Headquarters and US entities.
If you love to work in an international environment, enjoy driving BMW premium cars, and want to work on the intersection of tech and automotive, we look forward to receiving your application and get to know you!
- Define product strategies incl. product vision, goals and roadmaps, market positioning, and evaluate business opportunities for new products and services
- You will work with many experts, from software engineering and designers to finance and marketing on different projects, e.g., pilot projects with Startups via the BMW Startup Garage program
- Over the course of each project, you will gather, research and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses, and develop and communicate recommendations
- You'll also present results to internal and external management meetings and implement recommendations as part of a cross functional team
- Creation of corporate presentations, presenting information to team members and management in BMW NA and BMW Headquarters in Munich, Germany
- Support the team in the preparation, facilitation, and execution of the BMW Group Tech Tour during CES, 2023 in January 2023
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Volunteer Time
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor or master’s degree program at an accredited college or university.
- Field of study: Business Administration, Economics, Business IT / Engineering, Marketing or Data and Business Analytics.
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (not just in major)
- Prior BMW Group experience (applicable to international students only)
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Power Point and Excel
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational, and leadership skills
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Self-motivated, adaptable to a dynamic environment
- Excellent time-management skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and create an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization
- Capability to drive an independent workstream in the context of a broader team project
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Ability to work full-time (36.25 hours/week)
- Languages: English, German (fluent, oral and written)
- Prior internship(s), group or personal project exposure and or work experience in consulting, tech or product management
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.