International Intern Sustainability Production System (Fall 2023)
The Sustainability Production System Intern will support the area of Production System and Sustainability Innovation at Plant Spartanburg. The role provides a wide breadth of projects related to Sustainability topics in the Production System; supporting initiatives to reduce emissions, waste, and energy consumption in all technologies within the Plant. This is achieved through identification of best practices and Innovations industrialization, and implementation in all areas of the plant. Key objectives include support of the teams’ core responsibilities and ownership/implementation of at least one-use case of an identified sustainability innovation project to be determined at the start of the rotation.
The qualified intern should expect to contribute & improve in the following functions:
- Sustainability related Idea Generation and Development: Strategic Planning
- Innovations Proof of Concept Support: Process Development
- Use Case Deployment: Project Management
- Sustainability Initiatives: Support in Idea generation and best practice transfer for continuous improvement through tracking and steering of Energy, Water, Emissions metrics in the Production and Logistics Technologies.
- Data Analytics: deployment of Data Management and Governance Function initiatives related to Sustainability in collaboration with plant IT and all other departments.
- Virtual Factory: Development of digital twin / 3D-Simulation technologies to support planning, asset management, and process optimizations in the virtual world.
- Think.Make.Start.: Support of a design, sprint-like event to solve real plant problems. This includes collaboration with problem owners, organized training modules, and final pitch event.
- Pursuing a degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Computer Science or related field.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven project management and organizational skills.
- Successful completion of previous internship/working student assignment within the BMW group (3-month period minimum).
- Current enrollment at university program outside of the US.
- Equivalent of 3.0 GPA.
- Must provide the following paperwork in English:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Last University Performance Record
- Relevant references and certificates
- The work term dates are 9/18/2023-3/15/2024.
BMW Manufacturing Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of BMW MC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified persons regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Employment with BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC (BMW MC) is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without notice, at the option of BMW MC or the employees.