We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
BMW Group Plant Hams Hall is a modern, state-of-the-art engine manufacturing facility, located just outside Birmingham, UK. Producing the latest generation of three and four cylinder petrol engines (V8 and V12 engines ramp-up / Melissa battery assembly), and precision machining key engine components, the plant has recently celebrated 20 years of successful production. Operating seven days a week, with more than one engine rolling off the line per minute, the plant plays a key role in BMW Group’s global production network, supplying engines for BMW and MINI, including some of the latest plug-in hybrid vehicles.
The Maintenance Planning department is a wide-spread organisation, supporting the entire Assembly process chain’s maintenance activities.
Maintenance Planning is involved in both the procurement of new facilities and the support of the current system, ensuring that facilities comply with our expected standards.
Relying on close working relationships with production & internal/external partners alike, the department is tasked with delivering maintenance plans and projects which sustain the high levels of our equipment performance required to meet production targets.
What will you be doing?
· Manage the transfer of large data-sets between IT systems.
· Create maintenance schedules.
· Procurement of maintenance components
· Co-ordination and steering of Target Management Process and key performance indicators (KPI’s).
· Define data structures & business-supporting reports.
· Explore innovative capabilities of data systems leading to ‘Smart Maintenance’.
· Utilisation of new technologies will be integral to ensure competencies within the team are kept current and continuously improving.
· Implementation of product and process changes is imperative to this role to ensure improvements are made to the facility maintainability and reduction of downtime.
· You will steer the management of optimum asset life from concept to effective maintenance management.
· As the maintenance planner you will provide management, process and technical support to manufacturing operations and facilitate assets to operate in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
· Studying towards a 2:2 Bachelor’s degree - preferably in Engineering, IT or other relevant field.
· Strong relationship building skills and ability to show good inter-personal skills, showing exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Good organisational and time management skills, and ability to show high attention to detail to every task.
· Ability to adapt working approach depending on specific requirements, prioritise activities, work under pressure, multi-task and solve problems.
· An excellent team player who possesses solid interpersonal and organisational skills.
· Experienced user of Microsoft Office and Outlook, knowledge of SAP is advantageous.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £22,700, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract)and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 39 hours a week, with a half day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits – You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits, including access to our Advantages scheme which gives you a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include: online testing, video interview and then a face to face, telephone or virtual interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.
We operate rolling recruitment, this means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies, for a minimum of 6 months, after completion of this placement, and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 31st December 2023
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com