Senior Risk Controlling Analyst
The Senior Risk Controlling Analyst is responsible for performing financial and risk analyses to support key risk parameters setting under IFRS9 , simulate risk reserve impact given different risk scenario, conduct periodically reporting to verify related actual results, and monitor portfolio risk performance for deviations and issues, and define proposal for improvement with related business functions. It also includes working closely with Risk Management, Operation, Accounting teams, as well as within Controlling team, and coordinate with HQ risk and controlling colleagues.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for month-end IFRS9 risk provision validation and ensure timely and accurate system data submission.
- Use of IFRS 9 reports to analyse movements in credit risk, asset and residual value risk provisions and define proposal with counterparties from business functions (e.g., Sales, Credit Acceptance, Collections, and Lease Maturity teams) to improve portfolio risk performance.
- Provide support and analysis in budget and planning process for risk provision simulation per different assumption scenario.
- Provides support for standard risk costs calculation, parameters analysis and validation.
- Support on further developing the Internal Control System.
- Provide analysis and information during internal and external audits.
- Support other analytical projects and process implementations, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance is required.
- 2-3 years of relevant, professional experience in the area of Controlling, External/Internal Auditing, or Risk Management.
- Familiarity with risk management concepts and methodologies.
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills, experience working with SQL/Tableau or similar will be a plus.
- Well-developed data analytical skills and strong business sense.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, results-driven with a high attention to detail. Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with minimal guidance.
Benefits of working at BMW Group Canada include:
- An award winning culture.
- Cutting edge of innovation and creativity.
- Incredible BMW, MINI and Motorrad employee vehicle/motorcycle programs.
- Flexible working models.
- Highly competitive compensation.
- Performance incentives programs.
- First-rate health and wellness benefits.
- World-class office space.
- Enjoy fresh meals in our amazing fully staffed and subsidized onsite cafeteria.
- Energize at our fully loaded coffee/tea bar.
BMW Group Canada is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of associates and creating an inclusive environment. BMW Group Canada does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law.
BMW has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, or you would like to learn more about our Accessibility policies, provide feedback or request documentation, please contact Accessibility@bmw.ca.