Risk Management Intern (12 months)
BMW Financial Services is looking for a Risk Management Intern to join the team for a 12-month tenure. The Risk Intern is responsible for assisting the BMW Financial Services Risk Management Department in managing the Credit and Operational Risk.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop reporting capabilities to actively monitor performance, and identify trends to enable strategic business decisions.
- Monitor and maintain a comprehensive set of reports to identify delinquency and charge off trends at the vintage and segment levels.
- Assists in managing the credit portfolio by monitoring lending activities and ensuring that risk mitigation policies and procedures are in place and are being applied consistently and effectively.
- Assist the Risk Management team with ad-hoc requests.
- Liaise with key stakeholders from BMW Group Financial Services Canada and US.
- Pursuit or completion of a Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Statistical Analysis and/or Mathematics, Finance, Economics, or equivalent experience is required.
- Strong mathematical aptitude and proven analytical skills.
- Creative, ability to think “outside the box”.
- High attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and highly organized.
- Able to perform in a fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word) required.
- Familiarity with programming languages in SQL, Python, R, SAS, or Tableau would be considered an asset.
We are looking to fill this full-time role as soon as possible.
BMW Group Canada is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of associates and creating an inclusive environment. BMW Group Canada does not discriminate against applicants based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law.
BMW has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, or you would like to learn more about our Accessibility policies, provide feedback or request documentation, please contact Accessibility@bmw.ca.