A PERFECT CAR IS THE PRODUCT OF A PERFECT PROCESS.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR PRECISION WITH US.
Your knowledge, your quality consciousness, your passion and your personality - that‘s what matters to us. Interesting tasks are waiting for you at the BMW Group.
As our business continues to evolve, we are looking for technical experts with specialist skills in manufacturing maintenance, to work onsite at our MINI Plant Oxford.
What Awaits You?
• As the Maintenance Engineer your primary responsibility will be supporting day to day manufacturing with reactive maintenance activities as well as planned preventative maintenance (both inside & outside of manufacturing hours).
• You will be responsible for quality and volume output in your working area and updating systems upon completion for documentation. By carrying out checks and monitoring the production equipment you will ensure adherence of safe working practices.
• Part of your remit will include utilising the problem resolution process to provide design solutions: Which could include design for maintainability (mechanical / electrical / fluid power / pneumatic), simple PLC modifications of tooling & equipment.
• You will analyse all appropriate data to identify trends of faults and remedial actions to be able to provide advanced technical solutions; enrolling support as appropriate.
• Your duties will include ensuring optimisation of the plant and equipment, cycle time, process specification and technical availability. In doing this you will respond to all facility failures and return the plant and equipment to a running condition in the shortest time using appropriate skill and knowledge.
• You will also be accountable for spares management and ownership of spares in your area of responsibility.
• A recognised engineering apprenticeship qualification, Level 3 engineering qualification or equivalent is beneficial. Other appropriate experience or qualifications in a related field of manufacturing is advantageous.
• Substantial proven experience within a high-volume manufacturing maintenance environment is essential.
• A positive and proactive mindset to problem resolution is important.
• Strong general mechanical and/or electrical engineering skills and knowledge.
This role operates on a day and night shift pattern consisting of 12-hour shifts. You will be given a shift premium for unsociable hours.
If you have a flexible, can-do approach, are a creative problem solver, and an active team player with strong communication skills, then please apply today!
We are advertising this role on a rolling recruitment basis so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Join us and you’ll enjoy an exceptional range of benefits including immediate opportunity to purchase/lease a BMW or MINI at special reduced rate or part of your benefits package. The ability to progress and shape your career across the BMW network, pension scheme, generous holiday allowance, work-life balance and family- friendly policies, subsidised canteen, ample onsite parking and of course you’ll be working for the world’s leading manufacturer of premium automobiles and motorcycles and provider of premium financial and mobility services.