Assistant Manager Cost Engineering
Support BMW worldwide purchase nomination process by achieving cost transparency and cost-competitiveness. Contribute to targets of BMW worldwide cost engineering.
· Analysis and knowledge building of local supplier, factor (labour, material, interests, space,…..), raw material and tooling costs.
· Analysis of local supply markets / tier-1 & tier - n suppliers, concerning processes and available technologies, .
· Creation of a calculation based on our best practice approach.
· Actively questioning our requirements and pointing out alternative approaches.
· Evaluate and negotiate piece prices within our BMW worldwide purchase network.
· Support of local buyers (MC-X/BBA-X) on global-, local sourcing and cost down projects
· Know-how Management and support supplier with quotations - QAF, TAF, LAF Training
· Special projects (value stream analysis, cost audits,……)
· Cost investigation of new technology or new product. Knowledge management (TPC) for investigation results.
· Identify and implement car components/parts for deeper Localization (switch "import" to "local content") together with purchasing department
· Bachelor and above degree / graduated in electrical / mechanical / automotive engineering or comparable educational background, economical background
· technical understanding of products, processes and tools
· substantial knowledge of major automotive component production processes
· competence of attending supplier evaluations and cost screenings
· explanation of BMW requirements to suppliers
· proficiency with negotiations, cost breakdown training for suppliers
· high awareness of cost and quality
· excellent MS Office skills (Excel)
· business fluent Mandarin and English (German is an advantage)
· 4-6 years’ experience in either technical development, production-, process planning or quality
· 4-6 years’ experience in cost engineering at global automotive suppliers, OEMs or in other Hi-Tech industry
· 4-6 years’ intercultural experience and awareness