Study Production and Automation Engineering (B. Eng.).
with apprenticeship Electronics Engineer for Automation Engineering.
Tinkering is more than a hobby for you and technology is your passion? Would you also like to stand your own legs? Then this dual curriculum is just right for you! During your apprenticeship, you will work on our state-of-the-art production facilities and learn to recognise, correct or prevent problems on your own. During your studies you deepen your knowledge in the fields of automation technology, electrical engineering, robotics and technical informatics. After just 4.5 years, you will have both your training and the engineering degree (B.Eng.) in your pocket.
What you will learn with us.
- Establishment of electrical installations as well as analysis of functional relationships and process flows of automated systems
- Working with sensor and operating systems - i.e. assembly, configuration, programming and adjustment
- Set up measurement, control and regulation technology facilities
- Integration of components in overall systems and their delivery to customers
- Operation and maintenance of automation systems
- Localisation and elimination of faults using test software and diagnostic systems
What awaits you after the dual degree course.
- Unlimited direct entry with above-tariff conditions
- Development and testing of sophisticated control electronics
- Establishment of complex, computer-controlled production facilities
- Exciting areas of application such as smart production and predictive maintenance
- Multifaceted tasks in own projects
- Diverse further training opportunities in project and management positions
What you should bring along.
- Enjoy high-tech and electronics
- Enthusiasm for logical connections
- Interested in systematically analysing and solving problems
- Communication talent
- Openness towards new things
- Enjoy maths, physics and English
- Fluent in German (B2 level)
- General university entrance qualification
What you can look forward to.
- Very good training remuneration incl. Christmas bonus and holiday pay
- Flexible working hours and leisure time
- Different and exciting tasks
- A great atmosphere and a great team
- Personal support
- Development opportunities
- Attractive vehicle rental
- Subsidised residential facilities (only in Munich)
- Housing subsidy for dual students (depending on the location of the university)
- Subsidy for meals and travel expenses
- Benefits and employee discounts
- Company restaurants and cafeterias*
- Fitness and leisure opportunities*
*Offer may vary at the individual locations and in our dealerships
Duration of training and studies.
Training and study process.
The right application.
To apply for a dual curriculum at the BMW Group, please complete the following steps. Information on the application period can also be found there.