Study Mechanical Engineering (B. Eng.).
with apprenticeship Tool Mechanic.
You want to make technical ideas a reality and multitasking is your thing? Then this dual study curriculum is just right for you! Because you have the know-how to manufacture, assemble and repair state-of-the-art production systems, devices as well as punching and forming tools for industrial series production, so that you can bring sheer driving pleasure onto the road. At the same time, you gain expert knowledge in the areas of manufacturing technology, design, mechanical engineering and materials science. After 4.5 years you are both an engineer and a tool mechanic – well equipped for your future.
What you will learn with us.
- Basic knowledge of various techniques in manual and mechanical material processing (drilling, turning, milling, filing and sawing)
- Application of control techniques such as eroding, grinding, welding, CNC programming, CAD models and measurement technology
- Manufacture and maintenance of tools based on drawings or CAD data with high dimensional accuracy
- Dealing with high-precision measuring devices and modern CNC-controlled machines
- Quality control
- Theoretical knowledge in exciting lectures of the course such as machine elements, technical dynamics and control engineering
What awaits you after the dual degree course.
- Unlimited direct entry with above-tariff conditions
- Working on the latest technologies
- Takeover of the manufacture, maintenance and servicing of tools and systems
- Diverse further training opportunities in project and management positions
What you should bring along.
- Flexibility and creativity
- Sense of responsibility
- Enjoy working with high-tech machines and systems
- Spatial and constructive imagination
- Openness towards new things
- Accurate way of working
- Skilled craftsmanship
- Enjoy maths, physics and English
- Fluent in German (B2 level)
- University entrance qualification
What you can look forward to.
- Very good training remuneration incl. Christmas bonus and holiday pay
- Flexible working hours and leisure time
- Different and exciting tasks
- A great atmosphere and a great team
- Personal support
- Development opportunities
- Attractive vehicle rental
- Subsidised residential facilities (only in Munich)
- Subsidy for meals and travel expenses
- Benefits and employee discounts
- Company restaurants and cafeterias*
- Fitness and leisure opportunities*
*Offer may vary at the individual locations and in our dealerships
Duration of training and studies.
Training and study process.
The right application.
To apply for a dual curriculum at the BMW Group, please complete the following steps. Information on the application period can also be found there.