STUDY INFORMATION SYSTEMS (B. SC.).
WITH APPRENTICESHIP IT SPECIALIST FOR APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT.
Do you want to work on future topics, become an IT pro and like challenges? Then this course of study is just right for you, as here you are at the cutting edge and right in the middle. With your dual studies, you contribute to making the BMW Group fit for the future and accompany us on the way to becoming a tech company. Whether it be autonomous driving, connected vehicles, data analytics, app development, cyber security or agile software development – it won’t work without you!
What you will learn with us.
- Discover the IT world of the BMW Group and contribute to its further development
- Plan and realise agile IT projects on your own
- Implement customer requirements in IT solutions
- Use of software development tools for application-oriented and ergonomic user interfaces
- Correction of errors by using expert and diagnostic systems
- Programming languages (e.g. Java or C ++)
- Use your personal strengths across various departments
- Theoretical knowledge during exciting lectures of the study such as software engineering, IT systems, algorithms or data structures and their connection to applied mathematics
What awaits you after the dual degree course.
- Unlimited direct entry with above-tariff conditions
- Innovative IT projects
- Participation in and control of agile teams
- Development of internal IT tools and services
- Exciting areas such as research and development in the field of autonomous driving, optimisation of processes in production, development of intelligent services for our customers' vehicle systems etc.
- Possible personal development and responsibility in project and management positions
What you should bring along.
- Motivation, personal initiative and sense of responsibility
- Take pleasure in collaborating with other people in a multicultural/ international environment
- Interest in IT
- Analytical skills
- Enjoy problem solving
- Understanding for business contexts and processes
- Openness towards new things
- Customer centricity and strong communication skills
- Joy for mathematics, computer science and business administration
- Fluent in German (B2 level)
- University entrance qualification
What you can look forward to.
- Very good training remuneration incl. Christmas bonus and holiday pay
- Flexible working hours and leisure time
- Different and exciting tasks
- A great atmosphere and a great team
- Personal support
- Development opportunities
- Attractive vehicle rental
- Subsidised residential facilities (only in Munich)
- Housing subsidy for dual students (depending on the location of the university)
- Subsidy for meals and travel expenses
- Benefits and employee discounts
- Company restaurants and cafeterias*
- Fitness and leisure opportunities*
*Offer may vary at the individual locations and in our dealerships
Duration of training and studies.
Training and study process.
The right application.
To apply for a dual curriculum at the BMW Group, please complete the following steps. Information on the application period can also be found there.
Hear from our students.
"Thanks to the many practical assignments, I have already been able to get to know a number of departments and company divisions. From Project Management for IT applications to the Development of an Android App to Quality Management at BMW M, it has been incredibly exciting."
Dual Student Information Systems.
"In many areas, you work directly on the vehicle and try out exciting new things – you might not expect that from a job in IT. Cars are becoming more and more digital and connected, so IT specialists like us are needed for the future."
Dual Student Information Systems.