Study Chemical Engineering (B. Eng.).
with apprenticeship Laboratory assistant.
If you want to shape the future of mobility, you have to deal intensively with new materials that, for example, make our vehicles lighter and more environmentally friendly. Do you want that too? If you also want to study during your apprenticeship, this dual curriculum gives you a valuable head start. Because here you already have a bachelor's degree in addition to your training and can fully express your interest in science.
What you will learn with us.
- Basic knowledge of important chemical laboratory utensils such as scales and measuring cylinders
- Work on computer-controlled high-tech analysis devices
- Research or determination of the properties and composition of materials
- Taking qualified samples
- Creation of test reports and laboratory protocols
- Theoretical knowledge in exciting lectures from the course such as technical mechanics, energy and heating technology, apparatus technology, measurement and control technology and simulation technology
What awaits you after the dual degree course.
- Unlimited direct entry
- Research and product development e.g. in plant planning or operational support for process plants
- Development from new battery technology to e-mobility
- Quality assurance in the area of chemical and joining processes
- Diverse further training opportunities in project and management positions
What you should bring along.
- Enjoy chemistry, science and high-tech
- Enjoy experimentation and precise work
- Enthusiasm for technology
- Team and communication skills
- Above-average commitment - even outside of the previous training environment (e.g. in special projects, summer jobs or similar)
- Fluent in German (B2 level)
- General university entrance qualification
What you can look forward to.
- Very good training remuneration incl. Christmas bonus and holiday pay
- Flexible working hours and leisure time
- Different and exciting tasks
- A great atmosphere and a great team
- Personal support
- Development opportunities
- Attractive vehicle rental
- Subsidised residential facilities (only in Munich)
- Subsidy for meals and travel expenses
- Benefits and employee discounts
- Company restaurants and cafeterias*
- Fitness and leisure opportunities*
*Offer may vary at the individual locations and in our dealerships
Duration of training and studies.
Training and study process.
The partner university for this course of study is the University of applied sciences Munich.
The right application.
To apply for a dual curriculum at the BMW Group, please complete the following steps. Information on the application period can also be found there.
Study parallel to doing your apprenticeship with us, by doing a relevant degree at one of our partner universities. This way you will have both a bachelor's and an apprenticeship qualification in the bag by the end.Learn more