STUDY AUTOMOTIVE INFORMATICS (B. SC.) WITH APPRENTICESHIP IT SPECIALIST FOR APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT (F/M/X).
Computer science is indispensable in the age of digitalisation. Electronics in vehicles play an increasingly important role in the automotive industry. Did you know that over 100 computer units are already installed in our vehicles today? And these have to be developed, programmed and finally used in the vehicle. This is exactly what you will learn during your studies with in-depth practice in the field of automotive informatics and you will get to know areas of computer science that encompass both theory and practice. You not only work independently with cutting-edge technologies but also always close to our product, the vehicle.
What you will learn with us.
- Basic knowledge in three main disciplines of automotive engineering: mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer science
- In-depth knowledge of the BMW IT world and participation in its further development
- Independent planning and implementation of agile IT projects
- Development of software-based concepts for the interaction between "man and machine"
- System design of communication protocols in the automobile
- Programming, testing and development of software solutions - directly on the vehicle
- Correction of errors by using expert and diagnostic systems
- Programming languages (e.g. Java or C ++)
- Theoretical knowledge in exciting lectures during the course
What awaits you after the dual degree course.
- Unlimited direct entry with above tariff-conditions
- Working independently in agile teams
- Own, innovative IT projects
- Exciting areas such as development, big data, cyber security, app development, electronics, e-mobility, autonomous driving etc.
- Diverse further training opportunities in project and management positions
What you should bring along.
- Enjoy working with technology
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Passion for our vehicles
- Wanting to work independently in a team
- Organised and accurate way of working
- Enjoy maths and physics
- Good English knowledge
- Fluent in German (B2 level)
- A general university entrance qualification or advanced technical college entrance qualification
What you can look forward to.
- Very good training remuneration incl. Christmas bonus and holiday pay
- Flexible working hours and leisure time
- Different and exciting tasks
- A great atmosphere and a great team
- Personal support
- Development opportunities
- Attractive vehicle rental
- Subsidised residential facilities (only in Munich)
- Subsidy for meals and travel expenses
- Benefits and employee discounts
- Company restaurants and cafeterias*
- Fitness and leisure opportunities*
*Offer may vary at the individual locations and in our dealerships
Duration of training and studies.
Training and study process.
The partner university for this course of study is the University of applied sciences Landshut.
The Right Application.
To apply for a dual curriculum at the BMW Group, please complete the following steps. Information on the application period can also be found there.